Introduction

My name is Stephen Brannen. I'm a musician living in Colorado Springs with my beautiful wife and two adorable daughters, plus a couple of cats. By day (and sometimes night) I am a guitarist with The United States Air Force Academy Band. Music has always been my passion and occupation, but the Creator who gave me the gift is a pearl of much greater price. Nevertheless, I want you to hear my music and be blessed by it. That's part of the reason I started this blog.The other reason I'm here is to bring to fruition my hidden life-long desire to communicate through words, in this case - to write. It's my father's fault - he's a preacher. Now he's blogging. Since I didn't follow in his footsteps to the pulpit, I'll try to make up for it by following him onto blogspot. If you're reading this daddy - I love you!I will try to keep everyone posted on my musical endeavors, while bringing what I hope to be enlightening prose to this corner of the web. Thank you for joining with me.

My pictures

Saturday, July 5, 2008

My trip to TN

I just wanted to say to all my TN family and friends how much I enjoyed my visit there last month. It was so wonderful to be around family again. Everyone seems to be doing well and it's good to see that. Special thanks to Aunt Bonita for the best fudge ever made by a mortal. I can't wait to see all of you again.

I'm also very excited to be receiving none other than Bonnie Bell Brannen into my home from July 19th to the 26th. She has never been to Colorado before - so Rachel and I look forward to showing her a good time. Maybe Aunt Bonita could stick a few pieces of fudge into Muddy's purse? Or a tuna sandwhich?

I love my family!

3 comments:

Fred Alton said...

Waaaaahhhh! I wanna go too! LoL. You and Rachel will have a wonderful time with this lady. She is young at heart and such a "trooper". By the way -- it was wonderful to have you here and I especially enjoyed the singing and playing guitar together with you and our family. Wish we lived closer so we could have more of those times.

Favorite One said...

We ALL enjoyed your visit. And your family LOVES YOU! Your visit just seemed too short. Funny how when we were younger we could stay up for hours on end playing games and all just being together. Now, around 9pm, I'm thinking it's bedtime! **
I think you must be working on the "favored" grandson thing - MY Muddy is going to fly alone just to come & see you! I wish I was flying with her. I've never been to Colorado either. **
And, if you don't get any fudge - no worries - I probably didn't either. LOL!

Travelin' On said...

Ha!
Love that "tuna sandwich" reference!! Don't cha just love those inside family jokes?? heehee
That is HEAVENLY fudge, isn't it??
You'll have to watch though, because IF Muddy brings fudge, well....I hate to tell ya, but....it might not get all the way to CO.
She REALLY does like it just like the rest of us but who could blame her, right?
So glad you guys came and hope you make it back again.
Maybe we'll get up there too!!
love ya