Introduction

My name is Stephen Brannen. I'm a musician living in Colorado Springs with my beautiful wife and two adorable daughters, plus a couple of cats. By day (and sometimes night) I am a guitarist with The United States Air Force Academy Band. Music has always been my passion and occupation, but the Creator who gave me the gift is a pearl of much greater price. Nevertheless, I want you to hear my music and be blessed by it. That's part of the reason I started this blog.The other reason I'm here is to bring to fruition my hidden life-long desire to communicate through words, in this case - to write. It's my father's fault - he's a preacher. Now he's blogging. Since I didn't follow in his footsteps to the pulpit, I'll try to make up for it by following him onto blogspot. If you're reading this daddy - I love you!I will try to keep everyone posted on my musical endeavors, while bringing what I hope to be enlightening prose to this corner of the web. Thank you for joining with me.

My pictures

Monday, July 21, 2008

Muddy in the Royal Gorge

No, no, no. I don't mean she gorged on food like royalty! She went with us today to the Royal Gorge and rode a train along the Arkansas River. She really enjoyed the scenery. And she has been a joy to have around. Last night she beat Rachel and the girls in chinese checkers, and tonight she's going to play scrabble with us. I hope she doesn't cheat.

Tomorrow we will take a trip up into the mountains and have a picnic - then maybe drive up to Woodland Park for the only Blue Bell Ice Cream stop in Colorado. (Does Muddy like ice cream?)

I'll put up pictures as soon as I get them off the camera. Thanks for letting us borrow her for a few days. We'll give her back soon!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad that you are getting to have some precious time with Muddy. If I could only get her to come stay with me in Talbott. It isn't nearly as far or exotic as your house, but it has its own chaos and fun. Enjoy!

Fred said...

Stephen, I can assure you that Mom loves ice-cream! What a wonderful thing it is that she gets to be with you all for these few days and that you get to know her better. She is missed here!

Travelin' On said...

Yeah, or does that mean it's muddy in the royal gorge, wherever that is?
Some will never get it....what a "Muddy" is, I mean, but WE know!

Sounds like she is being treated royally too! How nice! I can tell you that she was soooo excited about this trip.

OK now, don't give her too much attention and fun or she'll never be content to come back here to the rest of us. :)
I concur with the others about her being there and being missed here.
Tell her I said, "pace yourself."

A warning to you guys, she will "scrabble your socks off!" That is the one game that I used to get into with mom and dad. I can still remember playing with them at the kitchen table in Lufkin, Texas. Perhaps that is where I first learned the game. She's the master so just hang on...you're gonna need your dictionary!!
And, Whoa, Does Muddy like ice cream?...yeah buddy.
Hmmm...I think a game of Scrabble and cone of Perkits sounds good about now. :) Inspiring blog.
Well, keep on having fun. Looking forward to the photos and more stories!!

Favorite One said...

Yes, we ALL miss her - but I am glad for you & your family to get to spend time with her. And, I'm glad for her to get to spend time with you. Do Nice is right - she really was sooo excited about going to see ya'll. Lookin' forward to pics - I'm sure it IS a beautiful place. Love & kisses to you and your family!

Travelin' On said...

"we want photos, we want photos"......:)
I know, I know, you have company right now so I shouldn't be impatient. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more.

Fred said...

WoW! THANKS for the great photos of Mom's visit with you. She is safely home and is full of joy over her time there with you and the girls.

Favorite One said...

Thanks for sharing the photos! Muddy really DID LOVE her time with you and your family!

Travelin' On said...

OH yeah,
since I blogged and asked for the photos I need to fer sure say THANKS for sharing the photos!
She had a wonderful time and said you guys were great!
Love ya

RevTJ said...

Stephen,
I just found your blog dude. I must say my favorite part is the You tube videos of you playing. I love them, your better than I remember! I love you dude, keep on doing what your doing.
TJ Oakley